1. Purpose and Scope
Protecting your personal information is important to us. This document outlines how we handle any personal information that we might collect from you. Some information we collect is sensitive, so we will be clear about why we are collecting it, how we intend to use it and how we will protect it. In this policy, 'personal information' is any information that could identify you or be used to establish your identity.
2. What are The Good Chat Foundation's Privacy Obligations?
The Good Chat must observe privacy obligations regulating how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. These obligations are found in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles and any applicable State or Territory privacy laws.
3. The Good Chat Foundation's Personal Information Handling Practices
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• your name;
• contact details like a phone number, email address or street address;
• information like your age, gender and health info; technical information like your device ID, device type, location data, website data and statistics, your IP address and log on information, and other information like details of the services we have provided you or that you've asked about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries; additional information about you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through the use of our website or online presence which you permit us to collect information from; and any other personal information that may be required so we can work better together.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information either directly from you, or sometimes (although unlikely) from third parties. We may collect this information when you register on our website or when we communicate by good chats, email, or when you share information with us from other places like social media and websites.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
• We may collect, store, use and disclose your personal information so you can access and use our website and services and so we can get in touch to send you messages and let you know all about Good Chat and other relatable updates. Sometimes we may have to use it to get in touch about legal obligations and disputes (although we know it won't be like that between us).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
Sometimes we might disclose personal information to other people, but we'll only do it if we have a very good reason. Some reasons why we may disclose personal information include:
• to our employees and related bodies corporate;
third party suppliers and service providers (i.e. the sports clubs you'll be playing with) and business providers ;
. anyone to whom our assets or business (or part of them) are transferred;
specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies we may collect personal information about you when you access our website. We don't use browsing information to identify you personally but we may record some information about how you use our website to help us be better for you. We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies so we know who's doing what on our website. Our cookies are clever and can store information on your devices so we can give you a better experience next time you visit our website.
We might hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We will always take reasonable steps to protect your personal information and stop bad things happening to it like misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will do this by utilising various protective measures. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
5. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can request to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us here . Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We will need to check your identity when you contact us to make sure that you are who you say you are. If you notice the personal information we are holding about you isn't quite right let us know and we'll correct it.
6. Making a complaint
If you think we've done the wrong thing and breached the Privacy Act or you want to let us know how we can handle personal information better, let us know via email@example.com. So we know who you are when you get in touch make sure to tell us your name, email address, phone number and what the problem is. We'll get in touch as soon as we can and we'll respond to your complaint in a reasonable time. If you think we haven't dealt with your complaint properly, you can file a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Contact Us
Effective Date: 23/03/2020